The painting jobs have gotten breathtakingly simple as we no longer need messy paint rollers, brushes, or other such accessories. The HVLP spray guns or sprayers have put all the options aside. Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional painter, the HVLP spray guns suit and serve everyone equally.
Ever since the said forgiving painting accessory is introduced, all we need is the right spray gun or paint sprayer for the job and paint.
Whether you have basic painting skills or not, it does not matter at all. The only struggle would be picking the right spray gun.
The type of paint you use plays an important role in determining what spray gun should be chosen. Latex is the most popular and commonly used paint, therefore we would be finding you some options that are highly compatible with latex paints.
Our Top Picks for 2022
- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 6 x 12.5 inches
- Item model number: C800971
- Item Weight: 3.3 pounds
- Size: Super Finish Max
- Product Dimensions: 15.5 x 14 x 11 inches
- Item model number: 0529017
- Size: PaintReady Station
- Color: Yellow/Black
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 7 x 9 inches
- Item model number: DH580000AV
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Style: Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun
After thorough research and trying several paint sprayers or spray guns, we have shortlisted a few options for you.
- Adjustable; Wagner Spraytech Handheld HVLP Unthinned Latex Paint Sprayer
- Powerful; HomeRight Store Super Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer For Painting Projects
- Portable; Wagner Spraytech Stationary HVLP Unthinned Latex Paint Sprayer
- Quick; Scuddles High Power HVLP Paint Sprayer For Indoors and Outdoors
- Adjustable; Wagner Spraytech Paintready Station HVLP Stationary Paint Sprayer
- Versatile; HomeRight HVLP Finish Max Electric Spray Gun
- General-purpose; Campbell Hausfeld General Purpose HVLP Gravity Paint Sprayer
- Consistent; TCP Global Professional Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun
All of these options are highly reliable however they can not be chosen blindly. You have to determine your need and see what fits your need completely. Hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck and Happy Shopping!
#1. Wagner Spraytech Handheld HVLP Unthinned Latex Paint Sprayer
Wagner Spraytech is a reliable name in the paint world. This leading company manufacturer can be counted on for the best paint sprayers, power rollers, heat guns, etc.
Since this post is about paint sprayers, it’s better not to go off-topic. Almost all paint sprayers manufactured by the said company have one thing in common and that’s versatility.
This spraying gun is also versatile, durable, and ultra-reliable. Moreover, this paint sprayer gives a perfect finish. What else do we expect from an HVLP painting gun?
The most promising thing about the Wagner Spraytech deal is that it allows you to adjust the paint flow according to your needs. The X-boost power dial is used to adjust the flow, and 10-speed settings to give precise control.
Surprisingly, it’s not only the flow that can be adjusted. The pattern can also be modified, you can change it from horizontal to vertical or wide to narrow.
Ensures Fast Painting
The Wagner Spraytech handheld HVLP unthinned latex paint sprayer is made to speed up the painting process as well. As per the company’s claim, the Wagner Spraytech is 10 times faster than a brush.
This Wagner Spraytech is truly versatile. You can use it to paint all kinds of surfaces. Whether it’s exterior siding, interior walls, fences, or cabinets the sprayer can paint them all to perfection.
- Can be used to paint furniture, walls, ceiling, exterior siding, fences, cabinets, etc
- Perfect for both small and large projects
- Can be used to adjust the paint flow
- Super handy
- Comes with two nozzles; one for decks, walls, and fences whereas, the other for cabinets, trims, and furniture
- Do not create a mess
- Happens to 10x faster than a brush
- Quieter and lighter
- Can only be used for thinner filtered paint
#2. HomeRight Store Super Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer For Painting Projects
HomeRight is a very well-known manufacturer and dealer who deals in painting must-haves. It has a lot to offer like Airless sprayers, HVLP sprayers, rollers, spray shelters, heat tools, etc.
From the HomeRight HVLP sprayers we have picked a few worthy options, this super finish max HVLP paint sprayer is one of them. Want to know why this masterpiece caught our attention? Well, there are a lot of reasons, and here are the top three.
All the newbies do not know how important wattage is when it comes to painting objects with sprayers. As per the experts to get supernatural results, 400 to 450 watts is at least required.
Fortunately, this HomeRight Store super finishes max HVLP paint sprayer offers 450 watts of powerful spraying. So, it sits well with both professional and non-professional needs.
Like most of the paint sprayers on this list, this HomeRight invention is adjustable as well. You can not only adjust the flow but use it for painting both smaller and bigger objects.
Can Be Used With Other Paints And Materials As Well
This paint sprayer is designed and manufactured to work with all kinds of commonly used paints and materials. To be more specific, milk paint, chalk paint, latex paint, enamel, primers, polyurethane, clear sealers, stains, and varnish.
As the said HomeRight paint sprayer would still be useful after the at-hand painting project, investing in this spraying gun would be worth every penny.
Read Complete Review: HomeRight Super Finish Max Review
- Quick and efficient as the painting gun needs to be
- Allows you to spray round, vertical, and horizontal
- The material flow can be adjusted
- Comes from a reliable company
- Highly compatible with milk paint, latex paint, enamel, primers, clear sealer, polyurethane, chalk-type paint, stain, and varnish
- Can be used to paint fences, furniture, decks, cabinets, dresses, and more
- Gives perfect finish
- The company offers after-sale assistance
- Requires less thinning
- Faster than most conventional methods
- If not sprayed correctly it produces uneven large beads
#3. Wagner Spraytech Stationary HVLP Unthinned Latex Paint Sprayer
Wagner Spraytech is a highly reliable name not for supplying the best painting accessories but for giving the best tips as well.
The company offers a detailed guide on how to use their paint sprayers, power rollers, and heat guns on their website.
Moreover, the company can be contacted for any not-so-regular help. Isn’t it amazing having quality painting equipment and an assistant to help?
Comes With Two Nozzles
The said Wagner Spraytech stationary HVLP unthinned latex paint sprayer comes with two nozzles. The nozzles are named as iSpray Nozzle and Detail Finish Nozzle.
The iSpray Nozzle is for decks, walls, and fences whereas, the Detail Finish Nozzle is being offered to paint the cabinets, trim, and furniture.
Therefore, this spraying gun eliminates the need to have two spraying guns for the two different painting jobs.
This spraying gun is highly suitable for prolonged painting projects. The storage container sits on the ground, the painter only has to handle the sprayer. It reduces hand fatigue allowing you to paint to perfection.
The said Wagner Spraytech is made to facilitate beginners and advanced painters in all senses.
One of the examples of it is being convenient, the storage container and sprayer are easier to clean.
When not in use, the paint storage container can be used to store the sprayer to perfection.
- Gives you a full material flow control
- Allows you to paint in horizontal and vertical patterns
- Does not make to carry loads of paint weight in your hands
- Easy to carry and store
- Do not create a mess
- Got two nozzles
- Listed with all necessary details
- Works best for not one but several paints; latex and oil enamels
- Durable, versatile, and affordable
#4. Scuddles High Power HVLP Paint Sprayer For Indoors and Outdoors
Scuddles is a least-known brand that is making its way to the painters’ hearts with durable, handy, advanced, and ultra-versatile products.
This Scuddles HVLP paint spraying gun is just as exceptional as other inventions are. This made us mention and recommend it here.
To be honest, painting is never really tiring, the cleanup process is. No matter which painting accessory you use, there would be a mess you have to clean up later.
To make the painting process less stressful, this painting gun is engineered to make less mess. The painters would enjoy the time without having to worry about the mess.
All painting guns or paint sprayers are quick. These painting guns get you done with the job much quicker than the other painting accessories.
This spray gun is just as quick as the hottest selling painting guns are. So, if you are looking for a quick yet affordable solution this Scuddle’s sprayer can be considered.
Perfect For Both Thick And Thin Paints
Unlike the other options suggested here, this paint spraying gun can be used for both thick and thin paints.
The three 2.6 mm nozzles are for thick paints like latex and the two 1.8 mm and 2.2 mm nozzles are supposed to be for thin paints such as sealers and varnish.
- Features 1200 watts for a smooth finish
- Does not require assembling
- The package includes replacement straws and nozzles
- Ideal for thick paints like latex and chalk type and thin paints like sealers and varnish
- 1000 ml paint storage container
- Perfect for DIY projects
- Easy to clean, store, and transport
- 6-foot long power cord
- Comes with 5 nozzles; three for thick paints and 2 for thin paints
- Do not create a painting mess
- Unsuitable for a bigger project
#5. Wagner Spraytech Paintready Station HVLP Stationary Paint Sprayer
The Wagner Spraytech now needs no introduction. However, the said spray gun needs to be introduced.
This spray gun is engineered to facilitate the user, it comes in the paint-ready form. You would not be required to go through a detailed manual, unpack all the parts, and figure out how it would be assembled.
As most paint sprayers allow you to control the flow, this Wagner Spraytech paint-ready paint sprayer is no exception.
You can adjust the pattern to horizontal, vertical, wide, and narrow without any hassle. Aren’t adjustment settings what most painters usually look for?
Suitable For Broad Surfaces
Most paint sprayers on the list are suitable for small DIY projects. However, this is exactly the opposite. It can paint both small and broad surfaces, with a small project it would just create a little mess.
Does Not Require Professional Handling
The spray gun is carefully crafted and assembled to give a perfect finish. No painting knowledge is required, all you need is to fill the container with the relevant paint and start painting. The result would be amazing if the right paint is being used.
Read Complete Review: Wagner Spraytech 0518080 Review
- Highly suitable for broad surfaces like ceilings, walls, medium-sized decks, etc
- Pattern and paint flow can be adjusted
- Has got replaceable filters, no need to search for a replacement
- Delivers consistent coverage
- Super fast, fun, and easy to use
- If used correctly it gives supernatural results
- Can not spray more than a 45-degree angle
#6. HomeRight HVLP Finish Max Electric Spray Gun
Another HomeRight paint sprayer that caught our attention is the HVLP finish max electric spray gun.
If we have to summarise the product in one line, the HomeRight HVLP finishes max electric spray gun is one economical, lightweight, and highly portable option.
Hands Over The Control
Almost all paint sprayers are adjustable. However, they require you to choose between horizontal and vertical patterns.
Fortunately, this spray gun is unique; it allows you to paint in one more pattern and that’s round. Moreover, there is a knob that can be used to you to increase or limit the material output.
The HomeRight paint sprayer is versatile in all senses. It is not made to carry and paint one medium only.
You can rather experiment with a variety of materials like latex paints, enamel, clear sealer, polyurethane, stain, and varnish.
Comfortable To Hold, Lightweight Design
The paint sprayer does not just have to be able to deliver a smooth finish. It has to be comfortable to hold and lightweight as well.
If a paint sprayer is comfortable to hold, it would not hurt the hand and the lightweight design will not cause fatigue.
- Increases maneuverability
- Creates a fine factory-like finish
- Prevents leaks and mess
- Simplified design
- Can be used for thinned milk paint, chalk type, latex paint, enamel, primer, stain, varnish, polyurethane, and clear seal
- Has got a control knob
- The package includes a cleaning brush, viscosity cup, and an air nozzle
- Does not cause hand fatigue
- Comes with a two-year warranty
- A bit noisy
#7. Campbell Hausfeld General Purpose HVLP Gravity Paint Sprayer
Campbell Hausfeld is a manufacturer and dealer who deals in quality air compressors, inflators, welders, and air tools.
Out of all the tools, the paint sprayer or spray gun got the company the most fame.
There are several paint sprayers available on the company’s website. However, we have found this HVLP gravity paint sprayer perfect for the job.
No over or under the spray
The Campbell Hausfeld general-purpose HVLP gravity paint sprayer allows the users to adjust the pattern and material flow. There would be no over or under the spray.
This said forgiving general purpose HVLP paint spray gun is made to lock the paint well. No leakage design minimizes waste. There would be less mess and the cleaning process would not be hectic at all.
Ready To Use
The spray gun comes in a ready-to-use form. All necessary equipment is included in the package. All you have to do is fill the paint container and start painting right away.
The HVLP paint spraying gun is not made for any specific paint. Whether it’s latex, primers, enamels, lacquer, base coat/clear coat system, or polyurethane/urethane top coat, this general-purpose spray gun has got you covered.
- Gets you done with the job quickly and perfectly
- Does not leak, and creates less mess
- Can be considered to work with primers, enamels, lacquers, basecoat/clear coat systems, and polyurethane/urethane topcoats
- Handy, durable, and reliable
- Highly suitable for furniture and equipment painting
- Allows you to adjust the pattern and flow
- Not a specific latex paint spraying gun
#8. TCP Global Professional Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun
TCP Global is the least known paint sprayer manufacturer. The company manufactures and offers all sorts of paints and painting accessories. Since our concern is the HVLP spray gun, we have picked the best one for you.
Comes With Six Different Nozzles
The ultra-versatile professional gravity feed HVLP spray gun comes with six different nozzles.
The 1.3mm and 1.4mm nozzle is made for a small size range, the 1.5 mm and 1.8 mm work for the medium size range, and the 2.0 mm and 2.5 mm suit the large size range.
This TCP Global invention is a complete deal, it comes with the necessary accessories needed to start painting.
To be specific, it has a cast aluminum fluid cup with a semi-plastic lid, spanner wrench, cleaning brush, extra fluid cup filter, and an in-line pressure gauge.
The paint sprayer has got knobs to adjust things to perfection. These control knobs give you control over the paint flow, spray pattern, and air pressure.
No matter how you adjust the paint flow, pattern, and air pressure, the results would be smooth and perfect.
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- Allows you to control spray pattern, fluid flow, and the air pressure
- Got six nozzles
- Can be used with thicker materials as well as thin materials polyester primers, thick enamels, thin latex paint, chip guard, metal flakes, gel coats, etc
- Comes with an HVLP sprayer gun, air pressure regulator, 1000 cc aluminum cup, spanner wrench, cleaning brush, extra fluid cup filter, and an in-line pressure gauge
- Durable, reliable, handy, and super affordable
- Least-known brand
How To Pick The Right HVLP Paint Spray Gun?
It’s no secret why you need the right HVLP paint spray gun; to paint perfectly. If for any reason you get your hands on the inefficient sprayer, not only the investment would be wasted you will end up creating a hard-to-fix mess.
Therefore, it’s important to be careful while searching and ordering an HVLP gun. You should double-check for the following things;
- Container capacity
- Tip size
- Pattern and flow control
Even before being on your toes to find the best paint spray gun, you have to first find out whether your need is usually small or big.
Refilling is a tiring process, so if your need is usually big the container capacity should also be impressive. However, if the need is small, the container capacity can be below 1000 ml.
Tip size determines how perfect the finish would be. Therefore, the tip size needs your undivided attention.
Since the painting needs can also be unpredictable, try finding a painting gun with multiple tip size options. It would allow you to adjust the spray gun according to your needs.
Pattern And Flow Control
Most of the spray guns available in the market nowadays hand over the pattern and flow control to the painter. However, there is no harm in confirming whether the option you are considering has control knobs to adjust the pattern and flow as well.
The weight of the spray gun should also be your concern. The spray gun should be lightweight if it carries more weight the painting job would get tiring and stressful. Moreover, you would end up with hand fatigue.
Keep in mind that the greater the pressure the finer the results. For bigger canvases, you have to find something with higher pressure.
However, if the needs are small typically limited to cabinets and furniture the spray gun with low pressure would also not be a bad idea.
Lastly, try judging whether you are fairly charged or not. If the paint sprayer sounds expensive, you can look for other options.