The influx of technology in the painting industry has made the painting job easier both for professionals and newbies. These spray guns have replaced the old brush and paint roller system saving time and labor.
The LVLP spray guns are used to spray paint or varnish on a surface like metal, wood, clay, stone, plastic, glass, etc.
If you want to paint a small surface at home, and pondering how to use an LVLP spray gun, don’t think more because it is easy and simple. Just read the article carefully and follow the instructions.
Main Things To Adjust While Using The LVLP Spray Gun
#1. Air Control
Air control plays a vital role in the performance of LVLP spray guns. Firstly, set the air control of your gun to make it work properly and achieve suitable air pressure for spraying paint.
#2. Fluid Control
Fluid Controle fixes the fluid control button so that balanced fluid may come out from the needle.
If the fluid needle remains loose, it can spray more paint and cause bubbles, and if it is tight, it can stop the paint to come out. So the fluid nozzle must be adjusted according to the nature of the fluid.
#3. Fan Control
Fan Controle for getting the best atomization of paint and finishing results, set the fan of your LVLP spray gun at the right position to control the working speed of the gun and level the paint on the surface.
How To Use An LVLP Spray Gun?
When you start to use the LVLP spray gun, follow the main steps given under.
Step #1: Primary Preparation
Whenever you start using the LVLP spray gun, prepare the surface, fix the right workplace, time and weather, arrange proper ventilation and electricity, etc.
Always choose a safe place to work with an LVLP spray gun. These things affect the performance of your gun.
Step #2: Setting Up The Gun for Work
After completing the first step;
- Sand, the surface to make it ready to spray paint.
- Make the right adjustment to the gun.
- Prepare the paint by mixing suitable thinner.
- and strain the mixed paint to remove the impurities and keep all the necessary supplies with you.
Step #3: Start Working With The LVLP Spray Gun
After completing the second step;
- Fill the cup of the gun 3/4 with mixed paint, and plug in the switch.
- Pull the trigger, and spray on a sheet to test the viscosity of the paint.
- Use masking tape on the place you want to leave unpainted.
- Spray thoroughly on the surface.
- After that Apply to paint two or three times to get a fine result.
Step #4: Finalizing The Work
- Apply the final lacquer to get a fine finish and unplug the gun.
- Wash the cup to clean it.
- Clean the other parts of the gun with a piece of cloth.
- Remove the masking tape carefully.
- and keep the gun in a safe place and let the surface dry.
- #1: Always use proper air pressure, a compatible nozzle, and perfect material consistency
- #2: Always keep a proper distance between the gun and the surface and hold it in the right direction
- #3: Always take protective measures (wearing a mask, glasses, shoes, and hats), etc.
- #4: Always work away from inflammable material and clean the gun soon after use
Although it is not a detailed guide on how to use LVLP spray guns you can get help for using an LVLP spray gun properly.
Many spray guns are used for painting purposes, but these are always a little different in their setting and use. You can use an LVLP spray gun for smaller projects easily.